New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services will provide a one-time rebate to private well users for up to $5,000 for the installation of PFAS treatment (point-of-use or point-of-entry) or up to $10,000 for a service connection to a public water system. This is an increase from the original announcement of up to a $1,500 rebate for the installation of PFAS treatment.
Note: Treatment installations completed after September 30, 2019, are eligible for this program. Eligibility must be determined through the application process and approval from NHDES to receive a rebate.
The following entities are eligible to apply for the rebate program:
- Owners of a single or multiple-unit residential property.
- Tenants/occupants of a residential property where the owner of the property has not applied for the rebate for the same property.
- Treatment installers may apply on behalf of an eligible applicant with an appropriate waiver of claims between the two parties.
Applicants must be able to provide documentation of a PFAS exceedance with no offer of an alternate water source (bottled water, treatment, or service connection) from a third party. An exceedance is a PFAS result greater than one or more of NHDES’ Ambient Groundwater Quality Standards (AGQS):
- Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) – 12 ng/L
- Perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS) – 15 ng/L
- Perfluorohexane sulfonic acid (PFHxS) – 18 ng/L
- Perfluorononanoic acid (PFNA) – 11 ng/L
Documentation required with the rebate application includes:
- A complete and signed application form.
- Analytical lab results showing an exceedance of one or more of the PFAS AGQS. *
- Sales receipt(s)/invoice(s).
- Specification sheets for treatment media and equipment installed, if applicable and available.
- Photo documentation of the installation or service connection.
- Post-treatment analytical lab results showing PFAS concentrations below the AGQS. *
How to Apply